Mark A. Cecil, CFP®, is the founder of Wealth Advisors Group, LLC and co-founder of United Wealth Advisors Group, LLC. Since 1986, He has been active in the financial planning industry, providing objective advice and innovative financial strategies to individuals, professionals and business owners faced with important decisions regarding retirement, estate planning, wealth management and advanced insurance applications.
Prior to his success with WAG, LLC and UWAG, LLC, Mark earned Bachelor of Science degree from The University of Maryland with a major in finance and has been a Certified Financial Planner~ practitioner since 1989. He is also a Registered Representative and Investment Advisor Representative with Ameritas Investment Corp.
Mark holds memberships with: Institute of Certified Financial Planners, Maryland Estate Planning Council, The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors and The Million Dollar Round Table. He is a past board member of The Entrepreneurship Institute.
Besides his financial endeavors, Mark pursues philanthropic service as a mentor to young and up and-coming advisors in the financial services industry. Due to his financial experience, he has been quoted in Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine, The Washington Post and Business Ethics Magazine on mutual fund investing, and in Best's Review Magazine on advanced insurance applications. Mark holds the following honors:
- The Ameritas Companies, 1990-Present, recognized as one of its top advisors for stellar performance and unparalleled dedication to client service.
- Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), a qualifying member of the "Top of the Table" of the MDRT, the world's most prestigious financial services organization.
- Hall of Fame, 2001, was one of the youngest advisors in history to be inducted into the Acacia (Ameritas) Hall of Fame and recognized by his peers for dedicated service and outstanding achievements as an Acacian for inspiring contributions to his clients and advancement of the financial.
- Nominated for the Forbes "Top 25 Financial Advisors", 2021
- 1 of only 7 advisors to earn the Ameritas Wealth Management Excellence Award
- Consumers' Research Council of America - was recently selected as one of "America's Best Financial Planners" from the prestigious "Guide to America's Best Financial Planners".
- Selected as a "Five Star Wealth Manager" as seen in Washington Post Magazine.
- Selected to Forbes/SHOOK "Top Financial Security Professionals" List, 2021*
Mark was born in Edinburgh, Scotland and moved to the United States in 1967. Today he lives in Brookeville, Maryland with his wife, three children and their Labs. His passions are working out, collecting wine, traveling, golfing, cars, landscaping, relaxing at the beach and watching movies with his family.
Based on research conducted by SHOOK Research. For detailed information on selection criteria, please visit https://www.forbes.com/sites/rjshook/2021/10/19/methodology-americas-top-ranked-financial-security-professionals-2021/amp/